Sunday, April 18, 2010

Just a Little Update...

We are together again! Yea! I finally finished my student teaching in Utah and headed out to Cali to be with my hubby. It was a long three months apart, but we have really had some great opportunities. Student teaching was one of the hardest things I have ever done. When parents complain about their kids' teachers, I really don't think they realize all the work teachers do and all the challenges that they face. But I won't go there or else this will turn into a LONG post! Usually I spent about 60 hours a week working on teaching stuff. Needless to say, I was exhausted by the time the end came. But I passed my student teaching experience, I officially graduated, and I passed my Praxis exams so I am done! Mike is still working away at his internship. We haven't heard anything about whether they are going to offer him a job when the six months are up, but we are hoping. They have dropped many, many hints so it will be interesting to see what happens. Mike really enjoys his work and has been told often that no one thinks of him as an intern, but as an actual employee, which is a huge compliment. Whether it works out or not, we know that this is where we are supposed to be and have no regrets!

There were a few highlights during the last three months. First, Mike and I became an uncle and an aunt! Liz and Zack had the most beautiful baby girl that I am absolutely in love with. Second, Mike and I were able to visit San Francisco during Valentine's Weekend. Third, I had the opportunity to do crazy things with my little sisters, which I have really missed. Fourth, I fell in love with Discovery Channel's Life series! Fourth and a half, Vienna won the Bachelor which is the most disgusting, horrible thing to have ever happened in Bachelor history. It was a complete disgrace. Fifth, Mike became the new Sunday School teacher for our ward. Sixth, my little sister Macy was the prettiest girl at prom. Seventh, I was offered three teaching positions in Arizona, Colorado, and Utah, none of which I am going to accept because I am holding out for one in Cali or Texas. Wish me luck! Eighth, I fell off my little sister's ripstick for the third embarrassing time and have decided to retire. Ninth, Mike played lots of golf and is getting much better. AND, tenth, we have been asked at every church meeting since we left Rexburg when we are going to get busy and have a baby. That has to be some sort of record!

We love you all!






3 comments:

Morgan said...

Sounds Like you guys are living quite the busy life. If you are ever in San Fran again give me a call!

Mandy said...

yeah when ARE you going to have a baby! jk!
I'm so glad you guys are together again- it was hard for me when AJ was gone for 2 days!!!!!

Mallory Hanna said...

Yay, you made it through student teaching! It is sooo hard, people have no idea. Congrats on graduating and good luck finding a job. We miss you guys in Rexburg!